When I was scripting common GIS workflows and encountered performance bottlenecks, the advice I often received was "have you tried using PostGIS?"
After using PostGIS for vector data management for a few years now, I've learnt a lot along the way.
This talk will delve into:
- cleaning up large numbers of geometries
- real world, performant examples of analysis and problem solving using PostGIS
- tips on approaches to problem solving using PostGIS
- common pitfalls and workarounds to avoid them
- the differences between seemingly similar functions
This talk will cover a number of things that I learnt the hard way, but you don't have to!